|Cherchesov believes the match will start from zero in Budapest (Photo: Fradi.hu)|
– In the second half, the team seemed to want to keep the score. Are you satisfied with the draw?
– It is important to note that we played an away match. We started the matches in Baku. The stands were full, we were playing in a crowded stadium and the heat was a factor, it was no coincidence that we had a water break. Despite all that, I didn't ask my players to defend and to defend the result in the second half only. In fact, we had opportunities then too, and I regret that we did not take advantage of them.
– Were you satisfied with the performance?
– The performance and the result are two different things, but I don't want to share everything about what I think. For me, the most important thing is that we will talk everything over with our players before the rematch and prepare thoroughly for that game. We also didn't care about the fact that four players from the opposing team couldn't play that day, and it is too early to talk about whether or not they will be on the pitch in Budapest.
– After the first match, how do you see your chances of advancing?
– The final result of this match was 1-1, so we start from zero, and both teams have the same chance of advancing. So far, we've had five tough games in the qualifiers, three of them were away, so I have no complaints. And the number of injured players is a good indication of how tough the matches have been.
QUALIFIERS, ROUND 3, FIRST MATCH
QARABAG (AZERBAIJAN)–FERENCVÁROS 1–1 (1–1)
Baku, Tofiq Bahramov Stadium, 29 500 spectators. R: Ekberg (Sweden)
QARABAG: Magomedaliev – Vešović, Mustafazade, B. Hüseynov, Bayramov – Qarayev, Janković (Romao, 84.), Ozobic (Sheydaev, 79.) – Owusu, Wadji (Andrade, 90+3.), Zoubir. Head coach: Qurban Qurbanov
FERENCVÁROS: Dibusz – Botka, S. Mmaee (Thelander, 57.), Knoester (Kovačević, 67.), Ćivić – Esiti, Laïdouni (Bešić, 88.) – A. Traoré, Zachariassen, Nguen – F. Boli (Vécsei, 67.). Head coach: Stanislav Cherchesov
Goalscorers: Owusu (34.), and F. Boli (17.)